Last night my boyfriend and I got into a big fight because he's mad that I am not organized enough.
It's true and I couldn't offer much of a defense - I rarely know what I'm going to be doing 2 hours from now, I rend to work sporadically, and I allow myself to get way behind in things like laundry, dishes, and other household chores before I decide to have a "General Cleaning day!" and scrub everything all day long. It's the way it's always been, and I'm a huge pain in the ass, but I'm not sure how to change these things.
Today at work I read an article about Andy Warhol's "Time Capsule" archives - this is a collection of 177 boxes stored somewhere in New Jersey.
Andy, it appears, had a similar problem, and to solve his disorganization, would carry around a box, and put random things in it that he found throughout the day. At the end of the week, he would tape the box up and ship it to a storage facility.
Now people are paying money for the privilege of rifling through the garbage in these boxes - taxi receipts, moldy pies, naked pictures, etc. and catalogue these contents.
Maybe one day I'll become famous and incredible and my disorganization will be worth millions as well.
Just in case, I'm going to keep doing things just the way I like to :)
Five Links for February
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment