Left vs. Right

Today I was driving down the street that I live by in downtown Berkeley and I passed by a protest to support our troops in Iraq. That was pretty weird already because, well, it's Berkeley and not a lot of people are openly pro-troops here.

But what made this especially interesting was that on the other side of the same street was a protest by Code Pink to shut down the main Marine recruitment center in downtown Berkeley.

So the two sides just stood on the separate sidewalks, traffic running in between, and yelling at each other.

The best effect was when you drove through the street, because you were getting yelled at from both sides.

The whole scenario gave me the feeling that once traffic dies down, the crowds are going to converge somewhere in the middle and just duke it out for whose political views are more correct.

No comments: